Alt 20.11.2005, 20:34
Benutzerbild von oliver
oliver oliver ist offline
Jäger

Renommee-Modifikator: 19
oliver Stammes Mitglied
Standard Rolling Thunder

Hallo zusammen!

Hab vor kurzem ein Buch über den Cherokee-Medizinmann "Rolling Thunder" gelesen, der in den 70er Jahren vom Autor Doug Boyd hin und wieder begleitet wurde.
Eine Passage bringt meiner Meinung nach den östlichen und westlichen (indianischen?) spirituellen Ansatz kurz und prägnant rüber:

"I felt that I could now begin to verbalize a comparison between Rolling Thunder and Swami Rama; I could see the primary difference in the expressions of their knowledge. Swami Rama´s method is to work internally, to withdraw the mind´s attention from external perceptions: "Withdraw the senses, withdraw the senses!" In this way one identifies with the self within- the Atman, the cosmic mind. Rolling Thunder´s way is to work externally, to sharpen the senses, to embrace the world. In every step of his growth, just as in the purifiion process, man works from the outside in. Man is in and of nature- a microcosm of that universe that he can see around him. Through interaction with his environment man learns about the natural world and then comes to understand his own nature. He becomes one with nature, one with himself, one with the Great Spirit. I had seen Swami Rama control his pulse and breathing. I had seen Rolling Thunder control the weather. These were perhaps simply different expressions of the same self-knowledge and self-will."

...und tschüss!
Oli